Monday, September 22, 2008

WOW!!!

Okay - I know that these are not deep thoughts, but I just wanted to take minute to acknowledge the incredible things that God is doing at FBCP right now. The time together yesterday in worship was AMAZING!! I just love gathering with our church in worship.

Also we had 10, count them 10, families go through our very first Connect First membership class! So many new faces who are so excited about what God is doing at FBCP.

There are times where things are really difficult and I know that God is refining me in the fire. And I want to learn to not dispise those moments but view them as a gift from the Lord as He creates His character in me. But I have to tell you I REALLY love these mountaintop moments!!! I know that He is great and loving when things are hard, but it is REALLY easy to see his greatness and love in times like this!!!

I pray that if you are in the valley that our Lord would strengthen you; and if you are on the mountaintop that you would not fail to recognize HIS majesty as you take in the scenery!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you babe - the mountaintop is my favorite too!! Your sermon yesterday brought tears to my eyes - it was so awesome - I was ready to go take on the gates of Hell with a water pistol!!!

Bartley Family said...

I agree that God is doing some cool stuff in our midst. It was great hearing the stories of some of the new people last night and I really felt like they are new family members. How exciting to see our family multiplying!