Tuesday, October 21, 2008

MAN LAW

Man Law #348: You mess with the youngest of 3 boys at your own peril!

My son Koleman learned an important lesson in Man Law on Saturday. You can read a mother’s perspective of the event on my wife’s blog, but let me tell you my side!

Koleman and his friend were playing and wrestling on the field near where the team Kensey cheers for were playing their game. Koleman was dishing it out as well as he was receiving it. But ultimately he learned Man Law #348: You mess with the youngest of 3 boys at your own peril!

Koleman has two sisters at home. They like to dress him up and laugh at him! They like to make him play barbies and house. But his friend is the youngest of 3 boys. He is used to being a tackling dummy and wrestle partner. It goes without saying that one is much more experienced in rough-housing than the other! Well when the boys started rough-housing Koleman gave his friend his best move – and it was NOT good enough!!! Needless to say we learned two important lessons: 1) mommy is not allowed to rescue you just because you picked on the wrong guy; and 2) if you are going to dish out the punishment then you can’t cry when they give it back!!

Growing up as a boy is not an easy thing in a world that demands the feminization of men. But I am determined that Koleman will not shy away from difficulties just because they are a little painful! I am determined that he will be a Godly man without being feminine! I am determined that he will have a sensitive heart and a strong back! And, I am so thankful that he has other boys who are growing up in Christian homes to help him learn these lessons!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK - I agree with all that - but I can't I rescue him a little?! Just kidding - I want to raise a strong man too!!